11.12.15

Μεσόγειος

Your mediterranean spirit of the night devastates my soul.
With the desire to meet the children you bred.
My ancestors.
West and East melt down into your liquid curve in the middle of the earth.
Μεσόγειος...
Ya leili and mare nostrum.
We are all being poured into your vast tank that digests cultures and centuries.
Embarrassed present haunted by the past.
People proud and ashamed at the same time.
Christians and Muslims at different sides.
Life and death at your circle.
The curvity of convergence.
We are all smashed into your dark prehistoric motherhood.
Cursed to be eternal by your spirit of the night.
The one who eats my soul.

Μεσόγειος.
Will you digest me?
Will you be my destination to my beginning?
And spit my spirit to your timeless plate so that I meet my ancestors?
Greeks, Latins, Ottomans, Byzantines, Turks, Arabs...
I am part of you.
Of your history and your space.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: